Australian Speech Science and Technology Association Inc.
Terms of Reference for the National Spoken Language Database Committee
1. To coordinate the creation and maintenance of a national database of spoken language in Australia;
2. To publicise the need for structured and easily accessible spoken-language data among the research community and its potential funding bodies;
3. To encourage the participation of all speech scientists and technologists in Australia in this project;
4. To seek cooperation with related endeavours locally and overseas;
5. To coopt additional NSLD committee members subject to confirmation by the Association;
6. To use Association stationary for all official correspondence by the NSLD committee provided that a copy of all such correspondence is filed with the Secretary of the Association;
7. To request funds from the Association for the activities of the NSLD committee; and
8. To report activities of the NSLD committee to the executive of the Association on request, and to General Meetings of the Association.
Adopted by Executive - 3rd September 1996.
Modified from those established by authorised presidential letter - 16th November 1990.