Australian Speech Science and Technology Association Inc.
MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES AND TERMS OF REFERENCE
Membership matters are covered by Clauses 3 - 9 inclusive of the Constitution (amended to 13th December 1995). As noted and described in the Constitution, there are four (4) grades of member:
In addition, ASSTA has invited a small group of leading researchers to form an International Advisory Board.
This subset of Guidelines and Terms of Reference includes the following:
1. Terms of Reference for International Advisory Board.
2. Guidelines for Corporate Members.
3. Guidelines for Managing Student Membership.
4. Guidelines on the Procedures for Following up Non-Financial Members, Terminating Membership, and Re-admitting Ex-Members.
5. Services Offered to Members and Non-Members
Example letters for use in contacting members about membership matters are included in this section, following the guidelines as follows:
a) Welcome letter to new members (the example given is for Ordinary Members; minor adjustments are needed for Associate and Student Members).
b) Welcome letter to Corporate Members
c) Invitation letter to IAB Members
d) Thankyou letter to IAB Members
e) Transfer from Student to other types of Membership
f) Reinstatement letter
g) Letter initiating termination procedures