Australian Speech Science and Technology Association Inc.
Terms of Reference for International Advisory Board
1. International Advisory Board (IAB) members will have the task, either corporately or individually, of advising the executive or its conference organising committee on any matters that may, from time to time, be put to it.
2. Executive powers will be retained by the Australian committees.
3. The responsibilities of the IAB will be purely advisory, and will be exercised as and when its individual members choose to respond to requests for advice.
4. The terms of reference of the board are as follows:
* to advise ASSTA and their SST-conference committees on timing, location, themes, keynote speakers, novel conferring experiments, costing, and any other relevant factor in conference planning;
* to advise on publicity opportunities overseas;
* to keep the existence of SST conferences before their peers on the international circuit;
* to attend, on occasion, an SST conference with zero registration charges but with some chairing responsibilities.
5. Acceptance of membership will imply agreement to receive, from time to time, requests for advice on matters relating to the advance of speech science and technology endeavours in Australia, specifically in the convening of SST conferences, and to having the member's name published in a listing of the members of the advisory board.
Adopted by Executive - 27th August 1993