As noted earlier, this is a special set of guidelines relating to the biennial conference organised by ASSTA Inc. The generic Terms of Reference for the conference were also included in Section 2 (Committees) and, as the major activity undertaken by the Association, the conference also links to Section 4 (Activities).
That the Association should hold a bienniel, international conference is noted in Clause 2 (g) of the Constitution (amended to 13th December 1995). It is also the venue at which General Meetings are held in the year in which the SST Conference is held. As such, it is referred to in the Constitution in Clause 22.
As the Association's major activity, terms of reference and a number of guidelines have been developed for use by the Organising Committee, which is newly appointed for each conference. They are included here, and are as follows:
1. Terms of Reference for the Organising Committee of the Biennial Australian International Speech Science and Technology Conference
2. Guidelines for SST Organising Committee Structure
3. Guidelines for SST Conference Publicity
4. Guidelines for SST Conference Finance and Accounting
5. Guidelines for the Reviewing of Submissions and for the Published Proceedings of the SST Conference Series
6. Guidelines for the ASSTA Tutorial Day (held in conjunction with the SST Conference Series)
7. Timetable Guide for SST Organising Committee